My nights in school: Sequel to an attempted Suicide episode 1

"Phosphenol pyruvate alias PPP is the penultimate product in glycolysis..." These were the words that rang in my head as I was trying to read our biochemistry textbook.
That was the voice of the lecturer. He had just given us guidelines and explained few "important" things that we should have in mind. We've already been told how backstabbing all these lecturers could be. They'd teach A plus b then set a plus or minus square root of b² of 4ac.
I had gone to the faculty library to read the whole of that topic. That was my tactics, reading the whole topic after the lecturer had just skimmed through everything.
I was a 2nd year medical student awaiting to write mbbs 2 the following year. I wouldn't say I was reading the way I should buh I just tried my best to meet up with standards.
I knew all the stress I had passed through up till this moment. My friends were always jeering me. That I'm overstressing myself. I just had to keep on with my consistent hardwork. I thought about how I'd be looked at if I eventually failed, of the disgrace and trauma and all those mockings I'd receive.
Suddenly I felt someone tap me. I realized I had been dozing in the library.
I took a quick glance at my wrist watch and I was startled that I had already been there for 4 hours. "Lost track of time again!" I thought go myself. More like annoyed with myself coz this shit always happens.
I decided to now go to the reprographic section to make a photocopy of the part of the Medical Biochemistry textbook.
I didn't want to borrow it bcos of many reasons or I'd rather say the stress of carrying that heavy book of almost 1600 pages and it was well, relatively our smallest textbook.
By the times I was done it was already 8pm. I had to contemplate whether to go to my class rather than the apartment I shared with my bro.
Then I felt my stomach rumble. I then realized that nothing had been given to little Mr. Stomie since breakfast.
I had to decide outrightly to go home and find something to eat.
I didn't live too far from school but yet it was dangerous enough for me to walk myself alone by that time.
But I was always taking unnecessary risks. I didn't even have in mind it's danger. But I walked briskly taking into cognizance every little sound I heard. I was security conscious.
Then I heard a loud cry like a cry of war or smth.........to be continued😄😄😄

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My night in school: Sequel to An attempted Suicide episode 2