"We're doomed!", I muttered to myself as the South West Winds grew in intensity and the possibilities of a heavy downpour were not far fetched. The government had recently declared a stay-at-home policy in order to curb the outbreak of a fast spreading pandemic. The thought of staying at home for over a month didn't bother me but, the fact that everything was shutting down was my major concern. My elder brother, who went to a petrol station to buy PMS, was caught up in a very long queue at the petrol station. We hadn't seen electricity since the day the Order was declared and my parents were making efforts to stock up food items in the home. The way all these were happening led to my negative thinking. I couldn't help but think that way and although I tried as much as possible to look at the bright side, I couldn't find any.
I went back into my room and decided to check up on some of old friends who, sadly, I had forgotten all about. I felt so terrible when I realized this and inasmuch as I hated to admit it, I knew that I was carried away with myself and that didn't make me a little less selfish.
As I went on with my check, I realized that one of my friends was now a sociopath. His name is Vic and we were once so close at a time during our secondary school days. To be honest with myself, I saw this coming but I completely forgot about him. I knew his problem but what I didn't know, was how to help him😢. And yet they say, 'A problem known is half solved' and in this case, I was completely clueless. Well, I had to think of something and seek for ways to help him out.
I checked up on another friend of mine. Her name is Lily and we met during our first year in the University. She had come to my rescue many a time when I was starving and was clueless of what to eat and she had also been a listening ear to my numerous complaints and problems. I still keep thinking how things went wrong in our friendship but, I also knew that it was my fault too. Lily was facing depression problems and she barely attended classes. I had so forgotten about her that I was not cognizant of this. Again, the fact that I don't check up on my friends became evident again. Lily worked so hard in first year but the results didn't reflect as much. She barely left her room daily and was sad most times. Again, I didn't know how to help her😟 and I wondered what advice I'd give her that seemed realistic. I also tried to put myself in the same situation she was and the only thing I could come up with was a simple prayer I said almost loudly, "God save us, have Mercy on us and guide our steps, Amen".
I decided it was enough checking up on friends for one day as I made my way to the kitchen to have my dinner. It was already 9pm that night and my elder brother just returned with my impatient Dad from the filling station with PMS. The generator was drawn into action and the whole house, illuminated. I plugged my power bank first with my most efficient charger and my phone with a less efficient one. I had calculated how long the generator was to stay active and I promptly plugged my two gadgets. Of course I gave more emphasis to my power bank because I knew if it was half filled, it'd charge my phone three times! I momentarily forgot about dinner until I was done charging those gadgets............. to be continued

Comments

  1. Wow nice work man
    I must say you're really good
    Next please

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My nights in school: Sequel to an attempted Suicide episode 1

My night in school: Sequel to An attempted Suicide episode 2