My night in school: Sequel to An attempted Suicide episode 2

I sharply looked behind. I found out that it was a guy and his girlfriend being robbed by a group of bad guys who seemed to be cultists. The noise was from the lady who was resisting rape. They were with guns! They were all high from all I could see. My heart was beating fast, I had think fast so those guys wouldn't see me.
Then, quickly almost like lightning, I ran into a nearby bush shivering and sweating as though I had just been running under the rain. I stood still there watching on, while they carried on with evil acts.
People came passing through there and it was the same story to tell.
I didn't sleep that night.
I felt helpless.
But I still thanked and prayed God that they wouldn't see me. I knew that the only time I could leave was at dawn. Few minutes after dawn
I had been so scared and busy with thoughts that I didn't notice the mosquitoes in that bush. They were as desperate for blood just like newly Christened vampires. I dare not shake in there for fear of being noticed. They finally left around past 3am but I waited for an hour and some minutes before leaving too. I was too cautious. I didn't want to hear stories that touch
I finally left the bush around 5am. I walked with my fastest pace to my apartment. This was one of the few times I walked without being lost in thoughts. I just had 2 common goals, to evade an imaginary threat and to get home in record time and.........I felt my stomach rumble, I remembered I had not eaten since then and I had totally forgotten. Food was the last thing I could think of. Life first please.
I finally got home, opened my door whispered some prayers and then boiled water to bath. I had almost frozen from the cold the previous night
My brother was still asleep to notice when I walked in. I guessed he had just started few minutes back.
I brushed my teeth then went into the kitchen to find something to eat.
I saw there was soup and fufu.
I munched it the way a lion would tear it's prey apart.
I knew that I couldn't get any sleep again because I had to attend lectures by 7:30am that morning. Another day of stress, I thought. But we had already been used to it.
I left my room that day by 7am and happened to get to school early enough. I then remembered that we had Anatomy today, my scourge! I so much feared that course, though it was interesting. It was too voluminous.
I spent time reading that book without much retention.
We attended lecture after lecture until it was time for it. It was always the last. We had reached the venue for the lecture. There were 3 sets of students; those in medicine and surgery, Dentistry and physiotherapy. We were all having together and the hall was, most at times filled.
The topic we were to continue today was The forelimb. I knew that I'd finally get something to read from this lecture. Buh then I felt dizzy. Not just dizzy but some sort of sick to the extent of throwing up.
To be continued😄😄

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My nights in school: Sequel to an attempted Suicide episode 1